Create your free account now! Sign up

General Instrument (Motorola/Arris) Passive device

I have a small system which uses SA/Cisco Gainmaker amps.  The trunk spacing has us easily passing 870 mhz.  However, there are still some older taps and splitters; one by one I am removing them.

I can't seem to get a straight answer from Arris.  Let's take a line splitter, like the SSP-3.  Older models just have a red label saying "SSP-3" ... while later ones say SSP-3K, SSP-3N, SSP-3P, and SSP-3Q.  The Q is obviously the current one, and is good for 1.2 Ghz.  To achieve 870, I am removing all the face plates that just say "SSP-3" and putting in a K, N, P, or Q version.  What frequency limit is on the old "SSP-3?"  Is the SSP-3K good for 870 mhz?

On the FFT taps, use a 17 tap as an example:  I am pulling out the 17H and 17J, and replacing them with 17K, 17N, 17P, or 17Q.  Are the K (or higher) good for 870 mhz?  What was the high frequency limit on the H and J versions?

Some of the older FFT are in a tap shell somewhat fatter than the current slimmer housing.  Someone told me those older, larger shells have problems above 750 mhz.  Anyone else ever hear that?

Some of the newer tap plates have a plug-in "TJ-P" ... what does this do?

Some of the K taps have a designation "17K/SR"  does this mean surge resistant?

Others have designation like "17K/BP" and I take that to mean there is a bypass bar in the shell, so that when the plate is removed, the signal still goes through to the next station.  Is this correct?

I have a couple of FFT taps which say "23/29"  ... is this a 23 tap or a 29?  Or is there something internal enabling me to make it one value or the other?

I appreciate any help you can offer on this.

This is CABL.com posting #379883. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbKZj
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: General Instrument (Motorola/Arris) Passive de aclementsiv 6/15/2019 10:19:53 PM