Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Jim Cole has passed away

Hi Sampsontech and all here, based on Sampsontech's description, I believe this is the same Jim Cole that spliced on the Three Rivers MI (Jones Intercable) project I managed for LineTechs in about 1988 or 1989. Jim had a large (at least 5 acres or more) tract of land west of Three Rivers. He had the Great Danes then and was trying to breed them. He was a solid splicer and showed up early every day. He had a back problem off and one, but he kept working. He had a white Ford pickup and a ladder back then. He worked the Chicago area before I knew him.

Jim was not shy and he spoke his mind. When we started the project, Willie Straub was in charge for Jones and Willie sad Jim was banned from working on the Jones network because he had words with Jim in the past. It turns out Jim just told Willie to move his truck one day, and Willie took offense. Dave Giesy owned LineTechs and Dave gave Willie lip service the day we signed the contract. Dave let Jim splice anyway.  Willie squawked and it took its course.  It was all good in the end. It made sense for Jim to splice as he lived right there.

Jim offered me to partner up with him after Three Rivers, I teamed up with Greg Ashman instead.

Jim was a straight shooter, I liked him.

Rest in peace Jim Cole.

Steve M

This is CABL.com posting #389425. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbNtd
Posted in reply to: Jim Cole has passed away by sampsontech
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Jim Cole has passed away sampsontech 5/22/2023 5:17:36 PM