Create your free account now! Sign up

Arris 1.2 GHz BLE & Minibridger setup (MB120)

Has anyone worked with the new Arris MB120 or BLE120  actives yet?  It's for an RPHY converted node. I found a specs sheet showing the gain and all the other specs, but I can't find an installation and setup manual specific to those mods like they have for the 1 GHz Minibridger/BLE’s. Just curious what level you guys are padding the input for in your system, and if anyone is using midstage or output padding if you need additional padding. Also, the trim pots on these are different than the 1 GHz mods. They don't have any max/min position if you turn them. You have to turn them a bunch of times one way or the other before your levels start to move. I've always been accustomed to maxing it out in manual, and backing it off 3-4dB, then switching to auto and doing the same. You don't know what's max or min on these, as they just keep turning. I'm assuming the manual pot is already backed off 3-4dB from the factory, but when you put it in auto the level jumps up about 5dB and you have to back off the auto to bring it back down. Just want to know if that's right, and what Arris says is the correct way to balance these.

Aso wondering about the AGC pad, as it comes with a jumper from factory. I'm curious what they spec for the level hitting the AGC, and if leaving it with the jumper will be too hot and hinder it's ability to auto adjust. 

These amps are brand spanking new as far as I know, so I'm not sure if anyone else is even using these yet. 

This is CABL.com posting #387161. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbMSH
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Arris 1.2 GHz BLE & Minibridger setup (MB120) emmissary123 2/8/2022 10:02:55 AM