Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Charter gone crazy

Yeah I'm not sure I'd say garbage.. Sounds like you're just under a bad deal and if that's the case I'd be looking for a different contract like others have stated. 

I'm a single member llc, owner and work directly for 2 different primes. One's with Comcast and the other is with Charter.

Can't say a whole lot except I make way more money working on the Charter contract than I do Comcast. Now I know every area for Charter is different. Seems like it's at the construction coordinators discretion of how and what they will pay you for. I'll admit I'm not in your field doing bury's and stuff but I do splicing, node installs, pole transfers, power supplys and stuff of that sort. But you said Charter is garbage. Charter pays me for the equipment I tie into, most extras I have to perform when Comcast pays me straight footage, which is less per foot to begin with and no extras in between. Doesn't matter what I tie into with comcast or if I have to change out the tie point, say change a tap to an amp. Plus, I do night time node splits, installs and Comcast won't pay nothing for coming in late when Charter pays me a differential for every single job I work at night which makes a huge difference.

Just seems that every single job I do for Charter adds up to way more than if I were doing the same job for Comcast.

I still like Comcast and i really like the local management team as well but it just doesn't pay the same. Biggest thing I've learned is I keep records of everything 6and before I do a job that is going to cost me more or require way more time I'll talk to my prime and see if they can work with me on it before I start the job. In all honesty they have almost always compensated me and taken care of me in some way or another since I do so much for them in the long run. 

Just my humble two cents ??

This is CABL.com posting #385754. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbMv0
Posted in reply to: Re: Charter gone crazy by jwyatt
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Charter gone crazy jwyatt 5/27/2021 4:58:03 PM