Create your free account now! Sign up

Blue Jay

beware of doing any work for Blue Jay Communications...

They beg you to do work, then don't pay. For example their supervisor had my crew run conduit to an AT&T Terminal for a road project. The supervisor even helped. Turns it out he had my crew put it in the wrong spot. We were asked to help out and get it moved...i"m a team player, no problem. They never paid me!! I sent the invoice(21 day net ), its going on 3 months now.  

We hit an unmarked WE Energy electric cable.. we didn't get a bill and were found not at fault.. won't give me my retainage from last year 

We hit a gas service, after their crews dug the pot hole and said we were clear to drill. Never got a bill, found not at fault by their own PM,  who no longer works there. Won't give me my retianage.

We drilled to replace a feeder cable for Charter. We porholed found Charters cable, then we needed to get a boulder out of the way. Under the bolder was their damaged cable, we caused an outage when we removed the bolder. My crew pulled in the new 625, waited until the outage was restored. A month later I get a bill for 12,000..wtf. we did all the work to replace the cable, except splice the 2 ends. Then they reduce the bill to $500. I refused to pay it. I used to splice, it takes what 20 minutes to splice in 2 ends of 625 tap to tap. 

They are holding close to 10k in invoices and reatinage.

I wouldn't work for them! BEWARE!!!

This is CABL.com posting #383531. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbLV9
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Blue Jay HumblePro1 6/14/2020 2:35:52 PM
Re: Blue Jay MicroMan 6/2/2020 9:30:53 AM
Re: Blue Jay CABLE COP 5/31/2020 8:49:20 AM
Re: Blue Jay Bdjunderground 5/31/2020 8:34:29 AM
Re: Blue Jay hfiske 5/23/2020 7:00:31 AM