Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: WTH is a Super Sub

Most of these primes don't have the equipment to do drops, so they sub out the drops, which is fine, if the price was worth the investment?! 

Not investing money into a truck, ditch witch, trailer, tools, and fuel to move it all, so they can pay peanuts, and run out of work constantly?! Not to mention how far you have to travel for no travel pay!

Then they WILL have you working sites with NO LOCATES!!! Will absolutely tell you, over the phone they never email or text it, that you don't need locates on drop buries?! Guys that don't know better(us for a long time) will get themselves into all sorts of mayhem in customer's yards?!

If you try to tell em you need locates, or if there's locates and you're not comfortable doing non-directional boring with a LM25 around gas lines under roads, they'll threaten your job?! Saying stuff like "well maybe you're just not cut out for this kind of work". 

I've had older guys roll up on me on a job, and tell me the actual rules so I wouldn't get railroaded?! Thanked them, and won't touch any work without locates ever again! 

This is CABL.com posting #383003. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbLND
Posted in reply to: WTH is a Super Sub by MicroMan
There are 0 replies to this message