Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Need Experienced Technicians BUT........

LOL Cablemn86, you are funny. This guy never sits on hit azz. I guess you really don't understand the concept here in CA. But then again maybe you do but I will explain it in detail and let us see how many ppl agree with it. I will use myself as an example for the experience. Started cable in 1979, been around the horn quite a few times from undergrd, aerial const., splice, actv, sweep and some headend, OTN work.
Went back too the simple things in life 2007, Triple Play installations (At least I thought it was simpler) LOL
So, now down too the bottomline here...........I apply for this Triple Play Tech position, experience (DOE) Bonus paid blablabla ad (Fully equipped of course). They say, regardless of experience we have to put you in the field "training at $8.00 hr"......LOL
Base rate is $8.00 hr. for however long you are required to be out in the field.....which actually is not training, it is grunt work for a kid or a few kids that have not been in the field for much more than.......well lets just say their diapers are still wet! LOL And the company just needs to get a hot body in the field to show they are REALLY there in order to get a tech #........
So let us use this last UN-NAMED Company that I am in litigation with due to the "Miscalculations of payroll, the $8 per hr and piece wk calculation".....
They took over 3 wks to get me out in the field "due to getting a tech #"! 2nd, why make an experienced & quality technician go out with a greenhorn? Other than to train the greenhorn. LOL
Have you ever taken the time to plug all your costs, time in the field into an excell spread sheet or just calculate it out? Hopefully for you, the bottomline is more than averaging $10-15 per hr. LOL
I know for my experience AND a fully equipped truck I am worth NO LESS than $25 hr for ALL hours worked! But at the VERY LEAST....pay be CORRECT with the ($8 hr plus piece work calculation) And it better MEET AND EXCEED STATE / FEDERAL LAWS when I am a w-2 employee..........
This is my point...............anyone disagree? Or did I not make this all clear..........?
Other than "Hackers & Slackers"? I doubt very seriously there are many true cabl dawgz out there willing to work for an average of less than $25 hr and I feel that is low.

I hope this shed some insight..............
MAK
This is CABL.com posting #354225. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbEjt
Posted in reply to: Re: Need Experienced Technicians BUT........ by cablemn86
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Need Experienced Technicians BUT........ danimal 4/24/2013 8:32:34 AM
Re: Need Experienced Technicians BUT........ cablemn86 4/24/2013 7:45:59 AM
Re: Need Experienced Technicians BUT........ goodsky 4/22/2013 6:51:17 PM