Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What holds an atom together

Amen, Rob. That and the fact that most church pastors have nothing to do with the finances of the church. That is left to the treasurer, and the stewardship committee. My pastor doesn't even know who tithes what. There is a rotation of two groups of three that count our tithes, and the only other one to see who tithes what is the accountant who deals with end of year statements for tax purposes. Funny how completely misinformed some are about how churches operate, probably not being a member of one, and just go by what they happen to pick up from the media. Before I was saved, and started tithing, I used to constantly worry about finances, and wondered how in the heck I could possibly afford to tithe 10% of an income that I could barely pay my bills to begin with, but when I was obedient to what the Bible tells us regarding such, it worked out just fine, and my income increased. Given the nature of this industry, none of us know what the future has in store, and for the most part don't know what kind of work load we're going to have one week to the next, yet I have a complete peace in knowing that God has ALWAYS provided for my needs, maybe not my WANTS, but always my needs. Sure didn't have that peace before being saved.
Gary Vest
This is CABL.com posting #329325. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxPR
Posted in reply to: Re: What holds an atom together by TheRobMan
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: What holds an atom together TheRobMan 6/15/2011 5:32:23 PM