Create your free account now! Sign up

to many hacks

You know folks out there. We have to many hacks and to many useless individuals who call themselves telecom people be it project managers or techs. These useless souls have poor or little work experience and work for peanuts. That is why I sit home alot of times cause to work for nothing, I will not do. When the companies who hire them realize what they hired these people are dashed out of town.

For example I lost a engineering job weeks ago to someone who simply put under cut me for the job, so much that I could have possibly flipped burgers and made more, true but sad. The once proud industry we work in has been turned into nothing more than a joke for guys wanting to make a fast buck or that think they can do telecom. Alot of recruiters are just as bad, they and I say some of them have no clue what they are hiring for, they dont know if it is cable or satellite, it could be bs for all some of them know.

To prove a point, me and a friend weeks ago after the whole original mess responded to a job posting. My resume with 16 plus years of industry expertise in the marine telecom sector worked all over the world with cruise line companies and oil and gas clients versus one we got his 15 year old son to make up, of the top of his head from stuff he heard me and his dad discuss

Guess what his son got a call for a job, no bs yup very true.He got a call 3 days later sad or what. He was offered $70,000 a year plus bonuses. tell me where that recruiter with her professional degree in human resource managment got her credentials, horse dung university I say. She swallowed her pride and big way, when she was told that the resume was all a test. After the fact that she told this 15 year old his skills were impecable and offered him the said job. 

All so sad but all so true..Cableflunky
This is CABL.com posting #293011. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbon9
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: to many hacks EshoreJoe 2/24/2010 11:32:15 AM
Re: to many hacks docsatellito 2/23/2010 7:59:54 PM
Re: to many hacks rickpsat 2/23/2010 4:48:11 PM
Re: to many hacks cabledawg71874 2/23/2010 2:17:19 PM