Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Post/Pre Wire General Info

Every MDU is different, and are you bidding job directly or are you getting it from some one who already has it and bid on it, Ifit's the latter, ask him what he is offering and make educated guess on if it will be profitable, If you are bidding it, then it will depend on certain things,  Is it a 2 story building say 10 units across? Is there pipe bringing homerun in from Tap room, if so you could charge around 60 to pull in new one, Tag, activate, clean up fittings and splitter at D-Mark.  or do you have to run homerun up side of building in molding into attic and drop coax to predetermined location, via wallfish, also is it a mud ring or a box at location, boxes can be a bitch to get your wire in, and it makes you have to cut a hole to core bore to next floor, cause you can't use a flex bit, now you have some minor dry wall repair, Is the building concrete or stick built? makes a difference on your core bore. an application like that would go for about $125 per unit, and what about outlets, are they in pipe or would you have to free wire it, and how? thru moulding, soffits, closets, A/C ducts, carpet fish, see there all different so you can't just have a cookie cutter price, each one will have a different approach and way of doing it, I've never been a big fan of line item pricing, but you have to do it, so figure what you need to make per unit, then work the numbers on your line item to get where you want to be, Sorry I know this don't help much, but I tried, Good Luck, Mike,..................P.S. This is SW Florida, up north is probably higher prices then down here, so keep that in mind,
This is CABL.com posting #241997. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mba7l
Posted in reply to: Post/Pre Wire General Info by Aquaholic
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Post/Pre Wire General Info Nate30 2/7/2009 12:36:13 AM