Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Ramifications

Thanks, I really hadn't heard of SMAT but now I'm looking for a project to try it on. I often invent fire and the wheel. What I have been thinking of is a bunch of CATV installs I did in a new apartment building. There were forty or fifty units and each had four CATV lines, all home run to a "cable room." The installation consisted of putting a toner on one wall plate at a time, riding the elevator to the basement and findng the wire in a bundle of about two hundred coax ends. You put a fitting and a label on the line and hooked up to the system. All the wire belonged to the owners of the building, not the tennants and not the cable company................Now that I know it has already been done I'm going to look for one or find an unwired building and try selling it to the owners..................Someone was paid to install all the wire
-maybe the cable company did it in exchange for exclusive access to the tennants-----don't know---------but what I see today are apartment tennants
with dish antennas in concrete filled planters and I see an unexplored sale area........SMAT.......thanks,....Joe(shocked)
This is CABL.com posting #131517. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mInp
Posted in reply to: Re: Ramifications by oldschoolgal
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Ramifications EBrown7871 6/30/2004 8:19:00 PM
Re: Ramifications oldschoolgal 6/2/2004 1:22:00 PM