Aerial Experienced Journeyman Lineman Needed (2)
Mostly Georgetown, and nearby: Leander, Liberty Hill, Jarrell, Austin, Pflugerville, Taylor, Hutto
We are searching for an experienced Aerial Journeyman Lineman to join our team.
Primarily Georgetown, TX and the surrounding areas:
Leander, Liberty Hill, Jarrell, Austin, Pflugerville, Georgetown, Taylor, Hutto
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
Aerial placing to include strand, fiber and coax and pole sets
Coax and Fiber Splicing
Build redlines, invoices, daily reports
• Repair and maintain major cable systems and structures: broken lashing, replacing, or re-sagging aerial strand, pole transfers, down-guys, aerial to underground conversion, substructure repairs and cable replacements related to system outages, maintenance, rebuilds and emergencies or hazards.
• Perform construction work such as digging, climbing telephone poles, placing, and removing poles and anchors, pulling and stringing wire/cable from pole to pole, laying cable and conduit in the ground.
• Operate power equipment
• Use test equipment for troubleshooting and quality control
• Dismantle, move, and remove aerial, underground, or building wire, cable associated equipment, and hardware.
• Connect wires and cables to terminals and attach/detach various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, or poles.
• Able to assist in emergency and outage situations that require heavy construction capabilities.
• Ensure that all work is in compliance with all safety regulations and governmental orders.
• Able and willing to work outdoors and in varying weather conditions
Ability to Splice Coax Proficiently
Extensive Knowledge of T-40 or AT-40 Units
Complete daily reports and submit via email or company platform, photos from the field might be needed
Able to read and interpret work starts, specifications, engineering drawings and/or cut sheets to determine work to be done
Able to build redlines, splicing diagrams and invoices on the work completed
Excel friendly or willing to learn
Experience using or willing to learn new work-specific Platform (simple project management and shift scheduling tool)
• Performs other duties as assigned
Self-supervise all operations to ensure that all splicing operations are completed in accordance with customer and industry specifications.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Must have a valid driver's license and transportation. Vehicles can be provided.
• Must have 5+ years recent experience
School diplomas or equivalent
• Extensive knowledge of approved practices, procedures, tools, and materials used in telecom aerial and line construction work as well as fibre optics.
• Identify differences in wire and cable colors.
• Knowledge of first aid procedures and CPR
• Ability to apply mathematical calculations (Example: fractions to use in drilling and pole sizing; calculating material and hardware length for assembling several pieces of equipment to poles of different thickness and circumferences.)
• Ability to work in a confined space and at high elevations (poles, hydraulic lift buckets, ladders.
• Ability to apply logical principles and thinking to solve problems and make decisions.
• Willing to perform work to support the values and goals of the Company.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
• Climb up and down poles, ladders, machinery, and other objects.
• Push, pull, reach, and carry objects such as tools, materials, and equipment weighing up to 75 lbs.
• Load and unload tools and equipment on the truck.
• A lot of work is performed at remote locations; driving and sitting are required.
• All work is outdoors, subject to varying weather conditions.
• Working in confined spaces.
* May be required to work long, or alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
Salary range: $22 to $35 per hour, depending on experience
Unit Rates Available Upon Request