Telecom I&R Technicians (Copper,Bonded,DSL,POTS)
Plymouth, WI Eagle River (Merrill and Tomahawk), WI
• Install service to customers’ homes or business firms. Discusses POTS and ADSL service needs with customers and makes recommendations as appropriate. Instructs customer on the use of all equipment associated with the services.
• Sets up, reads, and interprets test equipment such as 3M INS970, measuring devices and meters. Analyzes and clears trouble in telephone equipment and lines.
• Analyzes customer trouble report information. Troubleshoots and repairs network facility equipment, including copper pairs, fiber, splice points, electronic and digital pair gain systems and DSL broadband network equipment. Scope of troubleshooting and repair is from the Central Office MDF to the customer premise.
• Installs lines for data and other forms of communications, e.g., CAT 3, CAT 5, COAX, and Wi-Fi equipment.
• Installs, rearranges, reconnects, disconnects, and removes POTS and ADSL services, wiring (coaxial, twisted pair, CAT 5e, and CAT 3)
• Operates vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
• Ability to work in confined areas.
• Ability to climb poles/ladders safely.
• Ability to lift, carry, set-up, and take down ladders.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must successfully complete a criminal and drug background check.
• Truck, van, ladder, rack, Tools, and smart phone preferably Android