Hub of operations is Lubbock, Tx but projects may be several hours outside of Lubbock.
- Planning and Initiating Projects
- Establishing OSHA and Customer Safety Requirements
- Setting Poles
- Maintaining and Repairing Overhead Fiber Optic Facilities
- Installing New Strand and Lashing Fiber
- Installing and Maintaining Down Guys, Overhead Guys, etc.
- Building Risers, Installing Snow Shoes/Slack Coils
- Tree Trimming
- Knowledgeable of reading and understanding prints, maps, and work orders
- Prepare paperwork to track daily production, and accurately as-built completed work on job site documents.
- Responsible for the operation, daily maintenance checks, and inspection of all aerial equipment to ensure working order
- Place strand and dress pole to customer specifications, using assorted small hand and power tools
- Set anchors where required by customer
- Operate chain hoist to add tension to cable and guy wires
- Pull fiber optic cables and other cables into conduit and place onto strand
- Lash cables and splice cases onto strand
- Direct traffic flow in accordance with local D.O.T. guidelines
Will also work in the field with the crews installing manholes, vaults, and completing any work.
- Operating utility construction equipment in a safe and productive manner. Including but not limited to: backhoes, missile drills, trenchers, skid-steer loaders, cranes, digger derricks, bucket trucks, excavators, and crane trucks.
- Maintain a clean worksite
- Operating test equipment and data reporting
- Performing additional maintenance or upgrades on out of season equipment
- Conducting performance checks and regular maintenance