Senior Tel/Cabl Tech needed for fiber site survey
Coos Bay, Aloha, Gresham, Burnham, Tigard
Greater Seattle area
Outside Plant surveys, you will perform all aspects of the site survey ( engineering ) including the design and layout of outside plant telecom facilities to include aerial, buried and underground fiber networks. The tech will prepare work order packages which may include detailed field notes, drawings and other details. The tech will be familiar with the OSP
The tech will be expected to meet with customers, municipalities, and contract partners in the field to resolve issues both minor and major in complexity. The tech will spend a fair amount of time outdoors and in varying weather conditions and must be capable of traversing uneven terrain. The tech will demonstrate strong attention to detail, have a desire to learn and grow within a team, and be focused on providing quality deliverables in a fast-paced environment with PLENTY of WORK!
• Consult and communicate effectively with customer/client to define requirements and preferred construction methods as set forth in customer/clients desired Scope of Work.
• Coordinate field surveys of outside plant aerial and underground network facilities; develop running line, splice sheets, loss budgets and other design elements.
• Ensure that design conforms to specifications required from customer and municipalities.
• Interpret underground and aerial telecom facilities records on maps and fielding notes.
• Liaise with OSP field teams and customer/client to determine component selection, routing and network architecture guidelines in order to produce detailed designs.
• Work with the construction project managers and/or field personnel to ensure quality and timely delivery of design and engineering services.
• Assist in troubleshooting plant mapping and design (as necessary).
• Ensure system compliance with FCC regulations and operating specifications.
• Evaluate design for engineering and support design process improvement definition and execution.