Underground Directional Drill Locater
Midway and Des PLaines Areas
Ditch Witch or Vermeer and CDL perferred
DIRECTIONAL DRILL LOCATER – FIBER OPTIC CABLE SYSTEM
NATURE OF WORK
Operates horizontal directional drilling equipment in accordance with blueprints and designated plans, installing 500 – 1,000 feet of conduit in a typical workday. Maintains equipment per manufacturer’s specifications and safety guidelines. Responsible for assisting in potholing, remediation, setting hand holes and pulling fiber. Required to keep good records, as built drawings and complete daily paperwork.
Education / Certification:
• Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Company will provide industry training and certifications if not already secured.
• CDL is a plus.
• 1-year working with Vermeer or Ditch Witch DDD, or equivalent a plus.
• Knowledge of utility depths and placements; general knowledge of construction practices.
• Able to read blueprints/underground utility plans and interpret work assignments.
Physical Requirements / Aptitude:
• Able to work in trenches, manholes, tunnels and confined spaces and in work settings with moderate to loud noise levels.
• Able to move in different positions – crouching, kneeling, reaching, bending and lifting 75 lbs., unassisted.
• Willing to work overtime when required; willing to travel and to work in all-weather conditions.
• Self-motivated and able to work well in groups.
x x x x Canceled/Expired Listing x x x x
listed • expires
job listing #80003 • tiny link cabl.co/euYx