Reside in Greater Chicago area. Physical office location is in Batavia, IL.
Competitive salary and benefits package. And, all equipment, truck, phone, laptop, etc. provided by Company.
Ability to: Splice fiber optic cables using single and mass fusion equipment;
Terminate fiber in wall and rack mount panels;
Test and evaluate fiber losses utilizing equipment and troubleshooting principles; Drive truck, trailer and equipment to jobsite, maintain vehicle, equipment, and tools; Represent Company as jobsite lead
• Ability to safely work from heights, up to 50’ in bucket truck or on ladder
• Understand construction blueprints and splice schematics
• Proficient in the use of test and splicing equipment
• Able to participate in on-call rotation schedule for emergency repair
• Ability to work daytime and nighttime hours per customer schedule
• Some weekly overnight travel required
• Requires DOT Medical Certification and an acceptable driving record
Serves customers by splicing, troubleshooting, conducting and recording test data results, and verifying fiber optics and copper cables; documenting installation.