CATV-Fiber Lineman / Foreman
Work in the greater Orlando, FL area. No traveling. Great opportunity for someone tired of traveling
• Must maintain a good driving record – have or be able to pass CDL tests and
maintain CDL license.
• Extensive background check and drug screening process/submit to random
• Be expert in the use of each tool needed for aerial plant construction.
• Be able to meet the physical demands of the job.
• Be able to direct your assistant (ground-hand) in the construction of
plant, and maintenance/preparation/organization of the truck to maximize the
production of team.
• Be able to read and work independently using Charter system maps.
• Be expert in all areas of aerial CATV and fiber plant construction.
• Coaxial splicing experience is a plus.
• MOT certification. (Will train.)
• On call 24 hours 7 days per week when required. (On call every 2nd or 3rd
• Follow instructions of Supervisor. Build plant per local specifications.
• Maintain and keep track of all hand tools daily.
• Complete and turn in paperwork daily.
• See that truck and tools are kept clean and organized, daily.
• As the foreman, it is always your responsibility to be aware of your
surroundings while on the job to help insure safety for the crew and proper
care and maintenance of equipment and vehicles.
• Keep a team spirit knowing that each job is a team effort.
• Follow and cooperate with all JCT policies and procedures, written or verbal.
We are looking for someone that is not afraid of hard work, is able to pass a drug test at any time, and is looking to build a future for themselves, their family, and our company. We do not travel in our work. All work is in central Florida. We prefer someone with at least four years of experience in CATV/fiber aerial construction. Having and maintaining a CDL along with a good driving record is also required.
Our aerial crews have a base hourly rate but also earn a piece rate bonus. Your base hourly wage will be based on your experience. A 90-day review will be given at which time the hourly rate could be increased. On weeks that you are on-call you will be paid a $50.00 on-call bonus whether you are called to an emergency or not. If you are called to an emergency at any time, there is an extra bonus for your response as well. Our lineman/foreman’s usually have an average annual income of $65K to $80K.
In addition, after 90 days employment, we provide a $25,000 life insurance policy to all employees free of charge to the employee. Health insurance is also available with JCT sharing the costs. Sick time begins to accumulate at 45 minutes per 40 hours – weekly. (This caps at 39 hours.) After one year of employment one week (40 hours) of paid vacation is given. This is repeated after the second year, also. After the third year, and each year following two weeks (80 hours) of paid vacation is given.
Joyner Cable Telecommunications, Inc. is an employee friendly company. Several of our employees have been here more than ten years. We go to great lengths to provide a safe, drug free, professional work environment. Safety training is given and where available, certificates are provided. All trucks and equipment are modern, late model, clean, and well maintained.