$1,000 Sign On Bonus- Broadband Technician
Seattle/Tacoma, WA / Orting WA Seattle, WA/ Cheney, WA/ Gig Harbor, WA/ Bellingham,Sunnyside,Port An
Looking for Prism-Video-Cable-Satellite-Installation Technicians- Seattle, WA
If you have a background in telecommunication installation, prism, video, cable or satellite, we'd love to connect with you!
Our technicians take pride in their work, enjoy new technology, and love customer service. This long term opportunity offers paid training and competitive pay. Benefits package includes: medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation pay and 401 K plan.
A truck and tools are required for position.
The technician’s primary responsibility is the installation of Voice/Data/Video Services over bonded ADSL2+ and single pair VDSL technologies. The tech is responsible for the Gateway, set-top-boxes (STB’s), customer wiring including CAT5 or RG-6 and customer education. The tech will utilize the HST3000 or equivalent for Data testing and the JDSU Smart-Class meter or equivalent for coaxial mapping, LAN mapping and WI-FI testing.
• Installs, maintains/repairs and tests residential/small business broadband products such as; High Speed Internet (HSI), Networking, VDSL, Fiber to Prem., IPTV, and High Definition TV.
• Work with computer operating systems to install and/or repair home and/or small business standard HSI or networking products.
• Analyzes and troubleshoots technical problems or issues.
• Reviews and discusses service order requirements and equipment requests with customers
• Determines total line quality to customer’s facilities
• Evaluating customers’ broadband needs and suggests additional/alternative service as appropriate.
• Read and interprets customer service orders, repair tickets, technical (i.e., mechanical, electrical, digital) drawings, maps blueprints, diagrams, etc. and performs specified work. Includes POTS, HSI, jack work, inside wiring, etc.
• Interfaces with customer throughout premise visit.
• Works with telecom color-coded wires and cables.
• At least six (6) months within the last 5 years installing, maintaining/repairing, and testing residential/small business broadband products such as; HSI, VDSL, Fiber to Prem., IPTV, and High Definition.
• At least six (6) months of experience within the last five years connecting telecom color-coded wires and cables to terminals, attaching or detaching various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings and poles.
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of computer operating systems (i.e., MS 98SE, 2000, XP and above).
• Experience cabling various electronic components (e.g., modems, routers, TVs, stereo systems and home entertainment systems).
• Experience working with CAT 5 and COAX wiring.
• Ability to provide efficient, quality customer service to both internal and external customers both face-to-face and over-the-phone.
• Ability to recognize and identify sales opportunities that meet the needs of customers and the company including promoting and closing sales of products and services.
• Knowledge of basic electricity, as it relates to telecommunications (through classes or on-the-job training), which includes: knowledge related to the basic principles, theories, and applications of electricity (e.g., voltage, current, resistance, power, grounding, insulation, Ohm’s Law, AC/DC); knowledge of basic electrical components (e.g., conductors, insulators, switches, capacitors, inductors, transformers) and basic circuit design; and knowledge of the operation and application of common electrical components and common measurement instruments (e.g., multi-meters,).
• Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
• Working knowledge of test equipment (e.g., volt-ohm meters, transmission measuring sets).
• Ability to use established electrical, digital, and/or mechanical principals and to perform appropriate tests to identify and solve problems encountered on the job.
• Ability to efficiently and accurately work with multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to complete designated amount of work in a specified timeframe (e.g., quality jobs per day), adjusting work assignments or schedules to meet changing work-related priorities or demands.
• Ability to work well with others to achieve common goals and to foster a cooperative climate, as well as to work independently in the field with little supervision.
• Ability to climb and work at elevations (e.g., from ladders, poles, lift trucks) exceeding 18 feet.
• Ability to work in confined spaces (e.g., attics, crawl spaces, utility holes).
• Ability to perform strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to: lifting objects weighing over 100 pounds.
• Ability to perform job activities outdoors in different weather conditions (e.g., extreme cold and/or heat, inclement weather).
• A valid State driver’s license.
• Ability to work varying shifts and hours including mandatory overtime.
• Must be able to safely use hooks, ladders, bucket trucks, and climb poles.
• Able to handle, grasp and carry 28-foot extension ladders (up to 75 lbs.) and manhole covers (up to 150 lbs.) Ability to work in confined spaces.
• Must be able to respond to after hour call-outs, work overtime, shift, weekends, and holidays as required.
• Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk (10%), sit (5%), climb (5%), balance (5%), grasp (15%), stand (15%), stoop (5%), kneel (5%), drive (20%), reach (5%), fine manipulation (10%) push 2%, pull 2% lift 1%. Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and at various hours of the day/night.
• The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration.
• The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
• Ability to follow all ITC’s policies and procedures per Employee Handbook and Harassment Policy for the duration of employee’s employment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED or equivalent work experience.
• Three years of current telecommunications industry experience in one or more of the following areas: installation, maintenance, and repair of aerial, buried and underground wire and cable; switched digital television; High Speed Internet; station equipment; and video experience.
• Experienced in IPTV testing with the JDSU Acterna HST 3000