Richburg, Lancaster, Rockhill, Indian Trail, Matthews, Monroe
Established in 2008, ASG Inc. is quickly becoming a leader in offering turn-key engineering, construction and data services solutions. ASG has operations in thirteen US locations in addition to our two offices in Ireland. We plan, design, build and service our clients in the Telecommunications, IT and Software Development sector. We believe that business needs to be disruptive and creative in order to thrive, and we think it’s important to provide an exciting and vibrant place to work.
Job Title: Tower Technician I
Reports To: Construction Manager
The Tower Technician I works in a team environment on communication towers for installation, troubleshoot, repairs, programming, and diagnosis. Preparing job sites for projects and perform duties according to OSHA and other safety guidelines including Fall Safety, Rigging and Rigging Inspection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to repair, replace or modify 4G, 5G and Microwave equipment.
• Knowledge in RF, fiber optic, AC and DC power cables with associated panels, terminals and connections.
• Knowledge of testing RF and fiber optic cables and connections.
• Proficiency with installation of radio cabinets, radios, shrouds and DC Rectifiers.
• Experience with ground and bond antennas, cables, radio equipment and power panels.
• Experience in operation of Ariel lifts and/or Bucket Trucks.
• Proficiency in reading, understanding and interpreting engineering design prints
• Must be able to climb to heights of 400ft.
• Experience in Rigging and Climber Rescue
• High school diploma or equivalent required, AS or BS degree in technical field preferred
• Requires 2 years’ experience in Electrical and/or Cell Tower construction and Testing.
• Must be Climber certified
• Requires ability to function independent of a supervisor
• Valid Driver’s License.
• OSHA 10 Certification. (Preferred)
• First Aid Certification (Preferred)
Will be outdoors in all kinds of weather
Ability to work at a heights of 400ft.
Able to crouch, kneel, reach, grasp, lift, carry, push & pull up to 50 lbs.
Climbing, sitting, standing, walking and driving for extended periods.
Non-Exempt - Hourly position with overtime possible
ASG is dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. ASG strives to foster an environment where our employees feel respected, valued and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace
We start with ROW and site acquisitions, develop the plan and design, build the infrastructure and cost-effectively deliver a completed state-of-the-art project.