Newton, Mt. Pleasant, Manchester
Windstream’s team of Outside Plant Engineers are vital team members who represent our leading telecommunications brand that connects homeowners, small business, enterprise, and carrier partners across the United States. Our team of Outside Plant Engineers care about technology and connecting customers to products they value. Our Broadband Engineers create meaningful connections with customers that create long-term relationships.
What You’ll Do:
• Work directly with developers, builders, and planning boards to help ensure we prepared to install the needed facilities to activate customers on time
• Helping choose a provider for the customer once customers are moving in
• Working together with Engineering, Planning and Construction teams to meet all milestones and commitments.
• Building relationships with developers, builders, planning and zoning boards.
• Working in OSP Field Engineering
• Work with Outlook, Excel, and Microsoft Word
• Conduct 30% of work in field and 70% in the office on average, may vary.
• Assess situations, seek multiple perspectives, gather information, if necessary, identify key issues, to solve complex problems.
• Organize complex activities for development, implementation, and maintenance of large projects
• Utilization of sound Engineering practices.
• Apply strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and perform successfully in a fast-paced environment.
Do You Have?
• College degree in Engineering (EE or Civil, preferred) or related field and 2-4 years professional level experience OR
• 6+ years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience OR
• Equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience
• Design experience with moderately complex outside plant equipment installation, modifications, and upgrades
• PMP and/or Six Sigma certifications
• Computer software knowledge to include Microsoft Office, Custom Planning Tools and Databases
• Ability to stay current with the economic and technological developments in the industry.
• General knowledge of EPM, JobTrac, JD Edwards, GComms and CAD/E systems (Microstation)
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
• 401K Plan
• Health & Flexible Savings Account
• Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
• Educational Assistance Plan
• Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
Qualifications - External
College degree in Engineering or a related field and 0-2 years professional level experience; or 4+ years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required. This is a safety sensitive position.
Windstream Holdings, Inc., is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S. We are a $6 billion company with 11,000 employees
find more jobs with us...
- NationwideNetwork Technician