Apprentice Fiber Splicer
Travel within the State. Primarily Day trips with some overnight.
- Adhere to and advance Safety Principles Work with project managers to plan installations as required.
- Learn how to use and understand the fiber optic color code. Read prints Install and test fiber cable in a variety of environments (underground, aerial).
- Learn how to bond and ground fibers according to current specifications.
- Learn how to place both aerial and underground splice closures along with a variety of other closures common to the splicing and - termination of fiber optic cables.
- Learn to use fiber fusion splicing machines (including a mass fusion splicing machine) and operate a variety of different OTDR and power meters.
- Learn to perform testing utilizing OTDRs, Power Meter/Light Sources and VFLs. Record and document testing per customer specifications.
- Tools included, extensive company vehicle fleet available for travel to job sites.
- Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision/Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability/Life Insurance Policy/ 401K Program
- 1 week paid vacation
- Travel within the State of MI, Ohio, and Indiana. Primarily Day trips with some overnight.
- Always maintain a professional working attitude with co-workers and customers.
- This position requires significant time doing manual labor functions, walking on uneven ground, working in tight spaces and in general, being overall physically demanding.
- Must be able to perform heavy physical work and perform duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must be capable of carrying a 24 foot ladder and wear fall protection when needed.
- Must be capable of safely performing aerial work using a ladder or bucket truck around telephone poles.
- Work up to 6 days per week in an all -weather environment and be willing to travel as required.
- Work 8-10 hours per day outside in all weather.
- All applicants must follow safety guidelines and always wear personal protective equipment.
- All applicants must speak the English language fluently and clearly.