Create your free account now! Sign up

Verified accounts

Verified accounts were made to address the ofen-complained about anonymity factor, and as a source of additional revenue.

By getting Verified, you're putting your real name (or initials if not comfortable with that) on your account for other Verified accounts to see. You're also certifying your identity with CABL. Right now this is through credit card verification only, but when the process is streamlined I'll allow other methods. This lets other people trust that they're dealing with a responsible individual instead of an anonymous stranger.

Verified also means that you can be trusted here to do things like access other people's IP addresses. There's complete info on what a Verified account allows in the Help section.

Two future goals I have for the site are 1) have an adminstration service monitor and keep order, and 2) to advertise cabl.com in traditional media outlets. Advertisers like Lemco, A-Aerial, FiberTechs, GreenMetals, and the rest have been great and the reason I could make all these improvements. But all the advertising only amounts to a few hundred dollars each month, and barely covers the server and connection costs as is. The Verified feels will hopefully cover the rest.
This is CABL.com posting #97279. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mztb
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Verified accounts tjwendla 2/10/2003 3:38:00 PM