Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: sttelite hook up

Mike M.-- Throw your diagram away. I have done a thousand DTV dishes (literally) and about two hundred Dishnet, I am SBCA Lv 1 & 2 certified and as soon as I can justify the $500 (ouch) I'll take the the Lv 3.

> SWEEP TECH, A GOOD CHANCE I'M NOT COMMUNICATING PROPERLY. THE ISSUE FOR THE ORIGINAL POST HAS ALREADY BEEN RESOLVED. THE FELLA HAD A SINGLE OUTPUT LNB FOR WHICH A MULTISWITCH IS USELESS. THE MULTI-SWITCH DOES REQUIRE A POWER SUPPLY AND I BELIEVE WHEN YOU PURCHASE THE MULTI- SWITCH IT COMES WITH THE POWER SUPPLY. IF NOT ONE NEEDS BE PURCHASED. HAVE THE PART NUMBERS. EITHER WAY YOU WOULD NEED THE DUAL LNB. WITHOUT IT THE MULTISWITCH IS USELESS. IF YOU HAVE A FAX NUMBER I WILL SEND YOU THE CONFIGURATIONS BECAUSE LOOKIN' AT 'EM CLEARS UP THE PICTURE BETTER THAN I CAN EXPLAIN IT.
> TALK TO YOU LATER,
> MIKE M.
>
> > Sorry Mike M. but that is absolutely wrong.
> >
> > > ACTUALLY, YOU STILL NEED THE POWER DIVIDER/SUPPLY WHICH IN TURN FEEDS YOUR MULTI-SWITCH. YOU NEED A DUAL LNB(DELUXE) MODEL TO DO IT. TWO LEADS COMIN' OUT TO YOUR PLUG IN POWER SUPPLY,ONE TO THE `13VSIDE THE OTHER TO THE 18V SIDE.A SINGLE OUTPUT FEEDS MYOUR MULTI-SWICH WHICH BLOCKS POWER BACK TO THE LNB'S OTHERWISE YOUR BUCKIN' POWER. THE POWER SUPPLY FEEDS CONSTANT VOLTAGE TO EACH SIDE OF THE LNB ELIMINATING THE NEED FOR VOLTAGE FROM THE IRD'S. THERE'S A DOZEN OR SO CONFIGURATIONS DEPENDING ON WHAT YOUR TRYIN' TO DO. SBCA THROUGH THOMPSON OFFERS THE CERT. AND TRAINING FOR A COUPLE HUNDRED BUCKS. MIGHT BE WORTH THE INVESTMENT IF YOUR GONNA GET INBTO THE FEILD. MWITHOUT IT YOU CAN'T EXCEPT ON THE SLY IN WHICH CASE YOU'RE WORKIN' TO CHEAP AND MESSIN' WITH THE TRADE. SOUND LIKE CABLE TV? ANYWAY,
> > > GOOD LUCK
> > > MIKE M.(beerchug)
> > >
> > > > Ray, You can split the signal from a dish with a multi-switch. The switch has 2 inputs for the dish and typically one for an alternate source (VHF/UHF or cable). YOU MUST USE A MULTI-SWITCH. You can split the signal from one lead of the dish with a high freq splitter but you will only be able to view odd or even numbered transponders at the same time on both (all) the IRDs. The reason being that the IRD sends out either 13V or 18V depending on which polarity the LNB needs to receive the desired channel on the transponder. If you have 2 IRDs on one side of the LNB and one IRD is trying to get a positive polarity transponder and the other IRD is trying for an odd, you will get only one or the other on both IRDs. If you use a multi-switch to combine both sides of the LNB, you can use as many IRDs as the switch has ports (4,8,16,32). I hope this helps. You can get the switches anywhere they sell dishes and IRDs. (sunny)
> > > >
> > > >
This is CABL.com posting #95030. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mySU
Posted in reply to: Re: sttelite hook up by voices
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: sttelite hook up voices 1/20/2003 1:01:00 PM