Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 30 days or change career

all you cabletrash splicers make me sick . all everyone on this sight has done for years is whine about not being paid about falling prices and about not being able to find work. look at things from the primes point of view for a change they are your customer you are there to do what ever they need from a bond to cutting a node cable contracting is changing if you havent noticed if you were a prime would you hire some salty cable dawg living check to check with a cable god attitude or a professional reliable splicing service the answer is obvious
dont mean to insult anyone just speaking my mind i would like to remind everyone that the right people can and do make a lot of money in this business this is my personal business philosophy i have not stopped working for three years often i am the last sub on a job and i can choose where i go next i dont intend to boast only to reassure that money can be made out there if you are on the road contracting and not doing at least two grand a week go home you are either on a bad project or a terrible cutter sorry but its the truth gotta get some sleep easement tommorrow yeah\

> Well you have to look at it from his point of view, he's probably been working in his hometown replacing drops for the last two years.
>
> > i took this job for a company in the midwest,i had done some work for them down south and they at time was a good company to sub for.i didnt mind that the job was 3o days out i had the money to makeit for a while.what i didnt know was this company had changed,i had no clue that their contract was in jeopardy.during the first 30 days i had to replace a transmission in my truck 1,900$,4 days down time,then on the sart of the next work weekwe are told there is a shut down 2 days later we are told that for us to go back to work we had to go back into 17 nodes and do gigs, funny thing is i had not cut in any of those nodes.i was told that if i would help to get these nodes cleaned up i would be paid per gig.after 8 days of cleanup we are told that we no longer had a job.this all took place in 27 days.lets see 1,900 in truck repair 2,100 in living and fuel expense,7,100 in payroll,the cable compant will not release any money to the prime till all cleanup has been done and qc/d.all of my cleanup and gigs have been done and turned in since then.well here i am 60 days later still no pay.if your counting thats 4,100 in out of pocket money,and 7,100 in payroll.be realistic how many of us out there can take a hit like that and still stay a float?i dont care about the 900 they owe me in cleanup,i just want to be paid for the work that i did and the cable company has ok/d,but i cant get that because of the prime and its bad management that cost alot of people with families alot of problems.i have another job finally i can go to its 30 days out 10% capped at 10,000 that puts me over 90 days no pay if i dont get paid for my last job.do the math can any 2 or3 man sub crew stand that? i think not to asshole who suggests a career change.when the time comes that you getburned as we have you wont near as quick to be condesending!!
This is CABL.com posting #91281. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mxUr
Posted in reply to: 30 days or change career by kyblue
There are 0 replies to this message