Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 750 MHz Optical Transmitting Reeciving Equip.

You can try this company on the web. - www.omnitron-systems.com
I just built a LAN in Hawaii last month and we used several of their media converters to transmit and recieve Audio Video ans RS 232 over fiber. Good Luck I hope this helps.

And while I already have a thread open (because I don't like to waste space) All you other dogs- cable or satellite - It's the same buisiness I make MY money in both arenas and I wouldn't have it any other way. DOn't close doors don't burn bridges Both satellite and Cable are interchangeable to the technician who wants to make a buck. Hell I might build a MDU with a Hardline Back bone and A satellite headend.

There are drawbacks to both cable and satellite which most of you in your bantering have already named but the most significant seem to be : cable - customer service, customer service,pricing, (seems to be some price gouging in order to roll out the new digital service) No VOD which was scheduled to roll out this year ( I was at the convention in chicago last year and it was all the rage) Picture quality varies depending on customer, Poor quality control, Poor Management.
Also fewer channels even with the extended digital line up. (And I dont know if it is just my reciever or ifthey are all like this but my digital reciever is unbelievably slowwhen changing channels)

Satellite - Local Channels Availability, Terrestrial Interference, Uploads speeds with satellite internet. Maintaining your own equipment (if you are the average joe)

Now Imustmention that the satelliteinternet has no upload capacity just download. the uploading is done through the phone line However I have friends who are alpha testing a satellite connection with High speed upload capacity for commercial use. a small satellite even! Before this it was an earthstation or nothing.

Before everyone gets their panties in a wad just remember that
a cable company is nothing more than a building with a BIG satellite dish, a headend, and a bunch of wires feeding a bunch of different houses. A home dish user is merely a scaled down version of the same thing. It's the american way to cut out the middle man
This is CABL.com posting #76393. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mt2j
Posted in reply to: 750 MHz Optical Transmitting Reeciving Equip. by Joe50
There is 1 reply to this message