Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: ADC NODES - OK

Thanks, Farmer... I agree with your opinions about the 3040, I wish I had experience with the SA's, since our hubs are outfitted with almost entirely SA equipment. We went straight from the old 550 mHz Magnavox "Magnahub" nodes (joker)to the ADC's... I do like the ability to "split" the node in two if passings grow beyond the capacity of a single fwd/rvs fiber link... we've done that already a couple of times, with great success. Anyway, thanks for the discussion..On to bigger issues!! lol(frust)

> We were using the 3040's, I'm refering to a forward P/V (the reverse was awsome, SA doesn't do quite as well), we took the referance both with and without a probe (the probe was a little cleaner but not much) from the forward test point as instructed by ADC to do. I think our biggest problem was the combination of the ADC node and amp, I didn't get a chance to try the ADC node with an SA amp, once I figured out that ADC gave the designers the wrong ampere draw specs the engineering department pulled the plug on ADC, the only thing were still using from them is their telephony equipment. Maybe I'm being overly critical of the ADC node, but after months of trying to make plant sweep, responding to countless outages due to return transmiter failures, getting little help from ADC and then spending many nights changing out the nodes tends to leave me with a major attitude toward ADC. They do have their redeeming qualities such as the two port powering for redundancy (don't forget to remove the cover and pull the shunt in the bottom middle of the mod. then place a second 7.5A fuse in the middle/right location if you want redundancy from two differant power supply mods).
>
> > Just curious....
> > How did you obtain your references for your sweep? Was it for forward or reverse? Ive found that the probes used to sample/inject at the ports have significant differences than whats actually leaving the port of the node (especially the tilt). The new 3040's with the dir. coupled test points are much more accurate, and i regularly get less than 1.0 P/V at my first amp.
> >
> > > I'm in Concord Ca., been in the west my entire time in the business. It's the same senerio with us, two amps deep but we also used the ADC amps in the beginning. They're a real pain to set up ( you have to use either a palmtop or a laptop computer ), but once you get them dialed in they hold really well, the problem with the ADC node and amp combination was that the ADC spec. was a 2.9 p/v at the first amp and it was hard to hit, when we changed to the SA nodes we were able to get the p/v down as low as .9 with the average being around 1.5, it was a big differance
This is CABL.com posting #75344. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtLo
Posted in reply to: Re: ADC NODES - OK by 1FARMER
There are 0 replies to this message