Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: ADC NODES - OK

Good question and good point. I don't trust those screw in probes. I mean, some of the energy will be absorbed through the coax correct? How can you accurately get a reading from a little needle that pushes onto the seizure screw.?? Are there supposed to be any compesations set up in your meter for those probes?
I mean I could be wrong but it seems like the only honest and true way to check the output would be to remove the friggin hardline and use a pin-f connector.
The 3040's I Like. Prefer the SA nodes, the SAs have isolation options correct? and I believe the ADCs don't.

Not 100% new to both of those nodes really.

> Just curious....
> How did you obtain your references for your sweep? Was it for forward or reverse? Ive found that the probes used to sample/inject at the ports have significant differences than whats actually leaving the port of the node (especially the tilt). The new 3040's with the dir. coupled test points are much more accurate, and i regularly get less than 1.0 P/V at my first amp.
>
> > I'm in Concord Ca., been in the west my entire time in the business. It's the same senerio with us, two amps deep but we also used the ADC amps in the beginning. They're a real pain to set up ( you have to use either a palmtop or a laptop computer ), but once you get them dialed in they hold really well, the problem with the ADC node and amp combination was that the ADC spec. was a 2.9 p/v at the first amp and it was hard to hit, when we changed to the SA nodes we were able to get the p/v down as low as .9 with the average being around 1.5, it was a big differance
This is CABL.com posting #75226. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtJu
Posted in reply to: Re: ADC NODES - OK by vaswptech
There are 0 replies to this message