Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: ADC NODES - OK

That's the reason we pulled all of the ADC nodes in our system (that and the crosstalk failures). The temperatures run in the mid 90's to low 100's here for most of the summer, the transmitters would go out on a regular basis. We couldn't have that since we're running telephony, the PUC was all over us about outages. ADC says the node will run upto 140 degrees but I'm willing to bet it gets a lot hotter that that inside a housing out in thesun when it's 100 degrees outside.

> We have about 1000 ADC nodes in our system..most of which are 3040's. Have you had any problem with high temperatures affecting your reverse tx's? We get several that crash due to heat every time the temps go above 90 or so. Some others just drop their output by 4-6 dB, causing low optical power alarms to go off in our hubs.ADC says their gear is OK up to 140F degrees or so, but thats not good enough, it seems...any ideas??
> Jus wunderin'...(confused)
>
> > Thanks for the postings. Why did you say they're not worth a boat anchor 1farmer? They have the entire system on these things! The ISX 3040 I'm ok with, it's just the old bastard ISX-3 that I hate. Thanks to the guy who posted the email addresses for C-Cor, and thanks to the guy who posted the postings about the test points. This is good to know. I STILL am curious why ya'll changed out the ADC's to SA's Node. Are you talking about the SA OPTOELECTRONIC 870 nodes? (I think that's what they're called). Why did ya'll throw out the ADC?
> >
> >
> >
> > Kevin
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Winston Churchill
This is CABL.com posting #74281. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtuf
Posted in reply to: Re: ADC NODES - OK by vaswptech
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: ADC NODES - OK Petergunn 6/8/2002 2:47:00 PM