Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: TI interfearence

We did have a similar problem in State College Penn. There were two things that we did. One: With a spectrum analyzer we looked off the air with an antenna and found our problem to be constant at around 4 ghz(we looked off the LNB and saw the problem at 1.8 ghz) there were alot of spikes but the big boy was at 4ghz and the rest were only harmonics of the main spike........we ended up buying a band pass filter for our LNB and the problem stopped.
2. We were able to find the direction that the signal (probably a SAC radar) And place the dish behind a wall and believe it or not it stopped about 90 percent of the problem.
Hope this helps,
Nick Thomas

> The spikes are constant, several are quite large, around 30db.
> The source we believe is the spooky spy sh** thats all over the base. When the Spook aircraft go up and turn on their equipment, it wipes out the dish that looking at Pas8 in Asia.
> What I'm seeing this with is a TI horn and a spectrum
>
> > Are they constant spikes and do they look like harmonics.....do you see one huge spike and a trailer of smaller ones. Can you see them off of more than one LNB and off of more than one bird?
> >
> > > I'm building a new cable plant on a Navy Air Base where I have up to 10 spikes from 950 up to 1450. These spikes max out to 30db from the floor. No matter where I set up to look for the bird I want, their there. Any input would be helpfull. Thanks.
This is CABL.com posting #71805. Tiny Link: cabl.co/msQj
Posted in reply to: Re: TI interfearence by RSBell
There are 0 replies to this message