Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Sweeping w/out stuffing the return;

I agree that you must ask the manufacturer(s) for their current and "up-to-date" set-up and sweep procedures. Many as you said "OFFICIAL MAUNAL" or "FREE ONE'S" in the box, are just a guideline for the initial usage of the unit(s). The particular application of the equipment may vary depending on the design or customers accessories and type modules used. The manuals typically are "GENERIC" and are geared towards a basic and simplistic overview for customers worldwide. In most cases, specification sheets and a "800" number is provided for further technical assistance. Unfortunately, the manuals are not 100% field specific...and if they were, they would be a 3-day seminar and boar you to death! They are not always written by "field people", and this is where the "paper world" and the "real world" seem to "clash". I have been involved in this "clash" for many many years, having worked for both manufacturer, system and contractor. Field engineering always must give "up-to-date" information on all products in "trip reports" and be responsible for informing other departments for publication modifications. Manuals are again written "generic" and some further investigation and research sometimes must be completed before "bashing" the manufacturer(s). As for your comment about the "SPY" and "BEST PRODUCT THAN COMPETITION", well, the world will always be filled with progress and technical advances. Yes, everyone is trying to be the first kid on the block to do something new first. Without progress and competition, many would be out of a job...even the field people like us! Large equipment manufacturers should not be confuded with the "referb guy's". Reputation in this industry is everything! If you are not comfortable with information given by them, call their engineering people...in many cases, salesmen will have an engineer accompany them on field trips to complement the customer and provide the best service. No product is perfect, but, a decent product with proper training and good "common" sense goes a long way!

> Most of your electronic manufacturers have legitimate documentation concerning 'SET-UP', & 'SWEEP' procedures. All that I am familiar with have specific reasons for not leaving pad slots on the return path empty. I suggest aquiring the OFFICIAL installation manuals, not the free ones that come in the box with new housings or modules, but the manuals you have to ask for from the manufacturers, read these and all your problems concerning set-up and sweep are between the covers. Sometimes it takes a little bit of creative identity (pimp), due to the fact that these equip. manufacturers all think they have the best product available and believe everyone else is a competitor spy or something. Keep trying new identities until you are successful or like I said a couple days ago....get a copy of the SWEEP PROCEDURE AGGREEMENT, SIGNED BY THE CUSTOMER AND THE CONTRACTOR. Do things according to the OWNERS, and the CONTRACTORS signed agreement or contract and let them worry about it.
>
>
> Petergunn(usa)
This is CABL.com posting #64012. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mqOC
Posted in reply to: Sweeping w/out stuffing the return; by Petergunn
There are 0 replies to this message