Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Starting Company.....Seeking guidance

When you do start just make sure you can pay within two weeks. Don't be like some of these companies that have to wate till they get a check in to try to pay. Like 4 to 5 weeks out!! They do not need to be in contracting if they can't meet payroll. Companies like GTE wanted you to have 500,000 in ready payroll before you could get a contract so that they know the splicers could work and not have to wory about geting paid. GTE and other telephone co. could be 90 to 120 days out on invoicing. Good CATV prims know how to keep their subs but others only look after their own pocket and don't realy give a damn about any one.
Good luck

>Giving serious thought into opening own splicing business, primarily concentrating on MDU applications with possibly some light U/G work included. Would eventually like to branch off with a small splicing crew. Need help in all aspects of starting this out, ie.. contracting, employee pay, pricing, and what precautions i should be taking to protect both the employees and I. Looking to start small and gradually expand. I know this is asking for a lot of information but would appreciate any and all "constructive" advice and guidance. I can be reached via email ............ (-REDACTED-)
This is CABL.com posting #58829. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mps1
Posted in reply to: Starting Company.....Seeking guidance by splicerboss111
There is 1 reply to this message
Re:Starting Company.....Seeking guidance Las Vegas Cable 1/13/2002 4:03:00 AM