Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: HELP!!! : )

By: Jerry Knights ( (-REDACTED-) )

Something is missing in your request for help. First of all it is highly unlikely the signal at the side of your house is 100db a more normal number would be in the +7 to +15db range. If you do indeed have +12 dbmv at the back of your set top device that would normally be more then enough signal to provide a quailty signal. You mention that the signal goes black and then tiles in, it sounds like you have a digital signal that is erroring out (high BER). That can be caused by several different things, ingress, certainly low signal and reflections to name a few. I hope this does help you in dealing with your cable provider. original message: ---------------------------------------- If the measurement is dbmv, is 12dbmv adequate to provide signal to a converter box? The cable co. is telling me that the signal is not strong enough for the converter box and that is why the pay channels (HBO/Cinemax) sometimes either go out completely, turn white almost like a reverse negative and the sound turns to static, or goes black then regenerates in blocks. Sometimes the Preview channel (the Cable TV guide/channel list) is fuzzy or channel 3 which is NBC. When the tech came to my house, he said the signal to my house was 100 and the signal to my TV was only 12 - thus the problem. The cable co. says I have to have the problem with the inside wiring fixed myself and if there is still a problem then they will fix it. ----------------------------------------
This is CABL.com posting #548. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mi0
Posted in reply to: HELP!!! : ) by System
There are 0 replies to this message