Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Insurance NYC

I'm not totally against "online insurance companies".  They do SEEM to have lower rates.  However you get what you pay for.  I personally would much rather and do have a live agent that I know personally and have a relationship with that has an office in a brick building.   It is not so much the upfront costs but at the other end when you need to file a claim.  One particular instance with me was that the carrier had denied my claim because of  a certain clause in the policy.  My agent responded to the carrier and gave them half a dozen clauses in the policy that said it was covered.  Bottomline, I got paid for the entire claim minus the deductible.  I could not have done that on my own.  

Also with all the changes from year to year on what is required by some companies and not others, how in the world would you know how to properly fill out a "Certificate of insurance"?  Specifically; Additional Insured, Waiver of Subrogation, etc. and a host of new things insurance companies dream up each year.  I have been in business for well over 40 years and I can't keep up with the changes that have to be added to most COI, with additional cost of course.  I simply send the insurance requirements to my insurance agent.   They get it right the first time and make sure I know my risks.   In business, it is not if you need insurance, it is when you will need insurance.  Especially if you have employees.

It is your business, you make your own decisions as you see fit.   

This is CABL.com posting #391234. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbNWo
Posted in reply to: Re: Insurance NYC by EWSinc
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Insurance NYC pjacomm38 4/24/2024 7:26:06 PM