Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: High split general info needed

First of all, Split refers to where the forward (downstream) and reverse (upstream) paths are split with regard to frequency.  The old analog CATV systems had a Low Split somewhere around 50 MHz.  In other works the reverse path was below 50 MHz and the forward was above 50 MHz.  There is a Mid Split around 85 MHz and a High Split around 204 MHz.  

Your questions are confusing.  Exactly what kind of work have you been doing?  As a Field Tech, did you trouble shoot, sweep, balance, repair or did you map the outside plant on paper or tablet?  

My guess and only a guess is that they want you to replace the electronics configured to the High Split frequency.  Most likely just the active electronics but may also include the passive electronics.  As to the second part of your questions "is it possible to do 10 a day?", Do you mean can you set up 10 amplifiers a day?  That depends on a lot of things such as your knowledge base, system design, accuracy of the maps, access to the plant, conditions of plant, test equipment available, reliability and availability of the retro electronics, work window,  etc.

"When I asked what the job entailed they really couldn't give me a straight answer besides saying it had to do with changing out taps.  All they said was I would go and be trained for a week."  Personally, I would have all my questions answered before i accepted any job.  This one has too many unanswered questions for me to be interested.  

Hope this helps.

This is CABL.com posting #390501. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbNKz
Posted in reply to: High split general info needed by fcastle76
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: High split general info needed William Herens 12/10/2023 5:05:13 PM