Create your free account now! Sign up

Beware of Verita Telecommunications Corp

I own Axcyss LLC and have worked in the telecom industry since 2001. On October 10th Verita placed an ad on cable.com for OSP Fielders for the following cities; Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin. Here is a link to the posting

https://www.cabl.com/jobs/114590-OSP-Field-Walkout-Subcontractors-in-Midwest

Note that the ad says "Start ASAP"

I responded to the ad and was contacted by Ben Reeve from the company. 

Ben discussed the Scope of Work and the rate per mile. At the time I had several projects pending that Axcyss had been offered. Based on the conversation with Ben I decided to not take the other projects and go with the Vetita project. I went through their onboarding process and provided all documents and insurances they requested. In fact I had to purchases an additional $600 in commercial auto and umbrella coverages.

We then had a video call to go over the project in greater detail with Jack Stout and one of their Engineers Miralem Zeljo. During the call I was told to purchase the minimum version of ArcGis Field as a required software for the project. I contacted Esri and shared with them verbatim what Miralem said we needed. The rep from Esri said that I needed Mobile Worker which costs $385/yr but that it required a "foundational user type". He recommended Creator which costs $550/yr. I purchased both for a total of $935. 

In addition I booked rooms for myself and 5 employees and arranged for rental vehicles for traveling from Michigan to Minnesota. Then about 3 days before we leaving for Minnesota, Jack Stout calls me and tells me not to come because they no longer needed us. I was shocked and explained that I had incurred costs and turned down other projects. Jack just said that they didn't need us. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and expressed again that to drop Axcyss from the project at that point was not good business. Jack then offered to set aside 80 to 100 miles for just 2 Fielders after originally saying they had 1500 miles and needed 5 of our Fielders. The difference is several hundred thousands dollars. 

I considered the offer but eventually declined and sent an email expressing my dissatisfaction with how Verita had handled things. I included Jack Stout, Ben Reeve, Jason Palmer and Michael Falsetti I'm the email. Michael Falsetti is the owner. I never heard from anyone with even as much as an apology. The least this company could have did was reimburse Axcyss for the funds we spent based on their word which apparently means ZERO.

This is CABL.com posting #390261. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbNGH
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Beware of Verita Telecommunications Corp Cre8jobs2 10/27/2023 11:02:38 PM
Re: Beware of Verita Telecommunications Corp skidmark167 10/25/2023 3:54:12 PM