Create your free account now! Sign up

The Passing of Kraig Kupersmith

In memory of Kraig Kupersmith aka Koop.....
10/23/64 - 2/23/23. ..... just 58 years young.

It is with great sadness that I share the news of the passing of my dear friend Koop following a terrible head on collision last Thursday night just a few miles from his home near Ft. Myers, Florida.

Koop was a lineman and coax splicer who was known to many throughout the industry as a true tradesman and caring friend and a guy who always had a way to get people laughing. I truly think that everyone he ever met became a friend of his.

I believe he entered the Cable TV world in the the late 80's or early 90's, after a stint as an aircraft mechanic and possibly some military service. I believe my first encounter with him was in the late 90"s in the Chicago area and he lived in Michigan City, IN at the time. He used to have a white bucket van with mag wheels and a white Jack Russell terrier aptly named Cyclone.

Koop is survived by his wife Dominique, his brother Kurt and his dog Pogo. Burial arrangements and funeral services have not yet been finalized but there will be a memorial / celebration of life sometime in the coming weeks and we hope to have it setup for remote participation via zoom or some similar format.

If you knew Koop please comment on this post with as much information as you care to share about the relationship, location and history so we can attempt to notify all interested parties and construct a comprehensive memoriam for his wife and fellow cable dogs to reflect on and unite over.

Koop had pretty much retired from Cable after his stint in Jamaica and was living locally in his home town of Ft. Myers for the last decade or so, having suffered a major injury and subsequent persistent health issues about 8 years ago.

His beloved dog Pogo suffered significant injuries in the car wreck too and there is a GoFundMe account set up for her care and treatment.

Another Gofundme account will be set up soon to help his wife with final expenses,, etc.

I will update this post when more info becomes available. Please help us reach his friends by sharing and reposting this post as appropriate.

A recent photo of Koop with his dog Pogo is posted on FB on the Telephone/Catv Linemen group page

This is CABL.com posting #389138. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbNoA
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: The Passing of Kraig Kupersmith cabledog609 4/12/2023 4:32:51 PM
Re: The Passing of Kraig Kupersmith oldlinedawg 4/1/2023 6:13:55 PM
Re: The Passing of Kraig Kupersmith txlinedog 3/29/2023 9:11:27 AM