Create your free account now! Sign up

Verizon Fios Set-Top Box Survey

I am an analyst who does energy efficiency analyses of Cable/Fiber/Satellite Set-Top Boxes (STBs). As part of this we obtain information of STB models that are installed as customer premise equipment. Usually we survey end use subscribers for this information (we pay them). I recently came across this site, and we are wondering at work if it may not be more efficient, and more accurate to ask independent installers what STB models they are installing at customer premises, since installers are in this as a business, they are more familiar with the models and keep accurate records. We don't obtain personal identifiable information for these things, just something like a zip code, number of subscribers and number of box and model numbers of those boxes in that zip code that the independent installer installed in say last 6 months, or 1 year (any reasonable time period, we can adjust for the time when doing our calculations). Just like for the end use subscribers, we will of course, pay for this information. 

If anyone has this information and wants to discuss or have any leads, I'd appreciate your replies. 

This is CABL.com posting #389134. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbNow
There are 0 replies to this message