Create your free account now! Sign up

Lightspeed construction (Knights)

I would like to share my experience working with Lightspeed construction in South Carolina.  Rogger is general manager of the RDOF and Johnathan is supervisor in that area. When I first came they were very happy with all my work first 2 month. After two month they started giving cleanups from other contractors and I was told that I'll be paid $150 an hour . We spent 4 days putting anchors hanging cases and taps and we were paid 4 hours instead of at least 32hours. We work 7am to 6pm.

One day  another contractor came to me and asked me how good are runs they are giving. I said good runs everything was good. Then this contractor told me that they give him only shitty runs with tons of clean ups on his jobs and from previous contractors. I said well you gotta do your job better. 

So that contractor left to other vendor I believe ITG on same market. 

I was happy because only my company on the market and tons of work was waiting me!

But... On third month started all problems. They started sending our crew to do cleanups in other areas 40-50 between different maps. We did all cleanups with full respect. Than I started realizing that if we will keep doing this than just little penny will not cover gas and all expenses. 

Than we met with Rogger and Johnathan to discuss if we will be receiving new maps not the ones came from other contractors . They said yeah sure new maps already here we will give it to you but you'll need to finish that cleanups . So we finish all cleanups and gave us more cleanups and than more total 4 times we were meeting like first time. 

They pay on time? Yes net30 with options net14.

Pay in full ? No . Balance $14k from December not paid. 

If you are just started working with them my recommendation :

1. discuss payment parts especially hourly. 

2. Check penguin at least every 1 week. 

3. Discuss verbal than follow-up everything with corporate email.

4. Be prepared for charge backs if you started doing cleanups left from previous contractors. Yes they will charge you for any small stuff you've left that will be fixed by next contractor after you.

This experience only in SC market with managers Rogger and Jonathan.

I never heard any problems about knights or lightspeed construction in other areas .

Please share you experience here working with lightspeed on same market or any other.

This is CABL.com posting #388940. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbNlo
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Lightspeed construction (Knights) Quester 2/17/2023 11:55:40 AM
Re: Lightspeed construction (Knights) Cable_man 2/15/2023 8:10:35 PM