Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Best Way To Find New Contracts

I have been at this game for a long time and am semi retired now.  I will tell you that I was in front of and made friends with a lot of people in high places in all the companies I wanted to work for.  I do not pretend to understand how the next generation is doing business, so my model may not work for you.  But you still need to find a modern way to get the attention of the people who make the decisions.   It may be as simple as calling them for an appointment, referral by someone you know in the company, referral from the contractor you are working for, attend conventions and/or vendor days, etc.  Get on the approved bidding list of engineering firms.  Their information is sometimes on the prints.   If you do a good job, word of mouth will strongly be in your favor.  I used to advertise in the trade magazines but I'm not sure that is money well spent now days.  Additionally I was on many industry trade boards and met a lot of high up people that were also on those boards.  The point is, you have to get the attention of the decision makers.   How you do that, is up to you.

This is CABL.com posting #388629. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbNgn
Posted in reply to: Best Way To Find New Contracts by DrFiberLLC
There are 0 replies to this message