Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Conexon Connect

The only copper splicing I know of is for maintenance.  There is very little if any new copper plant being built.  As far as work in Florida right now, best advice I can give; STAY AWAY FROM STORM DAMAGE WORK!  Especially as a new sub-contractor.  You will be eaten alive.  You are correct in that there is very little communication work that can be done until the power/pole/tree/debris removal is done.  
Last I checked, new bucket trucks are a year or more out, late model rentals are non-existent.  If you do find a good used one, it will be expensive and you will have to act fast to get it.  There are some 20+ year old trucks for sale with 200,000 miles and who knows how many hours on the engine.
One last thing; contracting is a lot of work and takes a lot of money to start up a company from scratch.  You should not expect any income for 3 month after you start a job.  It is so much more than just doing the work as you did for Lumen.  You now not only have to do your splicing work from 9-5 but you will be interrupted all day with phone calls, texts, emails.  Then in the evening instead of it being Miller time, you will be writing and sending invoices, accounting, paying bills, preparing bids, filing legal papers, filing insurance claims, etc.  And when someone files a law suit against you, time with the lawyers & court.  When you are in business, it’s not if you get sued, it’s when you get sued.  There is much more I could tell you but this is enough for now .  

Good luck.

This is CABL.com posting #388345. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbNbN
Posted in reply to: Re: Conexon Connect by Billbond
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Conexon Connect Yarm 10/11/2022 1:42:17 AM