Create your free account now! Sign up

Storm Crews Needed- REALLY

I see adds on here wanting Storm Crews rates with potential of $2500 week w/$150  TE.     Back in August of 1994 my company did the cable rebuild after Hurrican Andrews in S dade County for Adelphia Cable, I arrived day after the storm to get prepared for my crews' arrival.  First thing is that power is out everywhere, nothing work-red lights, gas pump, banks, grocery store, cash register...anything needing power was GONE.  Motels was not operating, Restruants closed, fast food machine, pop machine not working.  Animals running around loose, looters already out, lack of material and prints.  We had to set up tents for crews, they bath and washed in the canals (gators-snakes and all) we sent grunts out for food all the up to Miami, get gas cans filled while there...every dam day.  Bottled water shipped in by the truck loads, even Anhaser-Bush, they stopped a run of putting beer in cans and filled them with water...truck loads for about 2 months.  What I'm saying here is that if this is a Hurrican 5,  you better be prepared to bring every needed item to include some mobile campers, gas trailers, water trailers.   It can all be done, but not worth the efforts just to walk away with a 10% net profit, becuse we had to work on UNITS not hours., which was really dumb and never do again.  Reminder this was 1994 ....not much storm/hurricane damage back then  !!!!   Keep safe out there, make some buck for momma.   Microman out !

This is CABL.com posting #388291. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbNaV
There are 6 replies to this message
Re: Storm Crews Needed- REALLY fudd 10/2/2022 3:35:42 PM
Re: Storm Crews Needed- REALLY fcastle76 10/2/2022 1:22:54 PM
Re: Storm Crews Needed- REALLYi just asked one if patriotspl 10/2/2022 7:34:08 AM
Re: Storm Crews Needed- REALLY patriotspl 9/30/2022 6:34:09 AM
Re: Storm Crews Needed- REALLY GlassburnerFiber 9/29/2022 10:53:14 PM
Re: Storm Crews Needed- REALLY TSBCCC 9/28/2022 5:55:25 PM