Create your free account now! Sign up

Veex CX310... Flagged as stolen...But it's Not

I leased to own a veex cx310 from a subcontracting company in which they deducted from my pay on a weekly basis. After a year and a half of them deducting $200-300/wk from my pay I became suspicious they were getting over on me. Not only did they they deduct for the meter but also a personal startup loan when I began working for them. Over a period of about four months I continued to ask for the balance sheets to see where I stood but my request were ignored. So I did the research myself and learned that they had overcharged me by $1500 and were continuing to do so, so I quit on the spot. Not working for crooks! Not only did they keep my last two paychecks ($2500+), they have also flagged my meter as stolen. Two years later I decided to give cable another try with a reputable company, but they weren't able to get my meter unregistered to the previous owner. 

My question is, if I format the user partition (which I did today), will it be possible to use it. It now has no previous user profiles on it. But I'm not sure how the R-Server system works. It seems to be a closed system where these meters are identified by serial numbers on the network. I did call Veex two years ago, and that's how I discovered those crooks flagged it. Although I had overpaid that company by 1500 + 2500, as far as the meter is concerned - they were only taking $25/wk towards payment for the meter. So in that regard I had only paid a little over a thousand dollars towards the $1800 they charged for the meter. Oh and that's another issue. They charged us techs $1800 for those meters, claiming it was (at-cost) for supposed new meters. However, towards the end of my employment with them, while at the office one day, an idiot co-supervisor laid an invoice down on the desk where they had just purchased another lot of (new) meters. But they weren't new. They were (refurbished) and the price for each unit was ($650) which means technically I had paid them off for it already. I made the reply "So this is what these meters actually cost the company?" And the main supervisor (aka crook) replied... "That's the new price". That was the day I began doing my own research into what they had loaned me vs the amount I had paid back. 

I know this is mostly my fault for trusting them blindly, and not keeping my own records, but can someone please shed some light on my options concerning this meter? I would hate to have to go in debt to another company for another meter, especially since this new company on provides Viavi meters and without the option to purchase them, but rather an indefinant $25/wk lease charge.   Thanks

This is CABL.com posting #388267. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbNax
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Veex CX310... Flagged as stolen...But it's Not wendykayalex 9/27/2022 9:02:37 AM
Re: Veex CX310... Flagged as stolen...But it's Not DigiCommSystems 9/25/2022 7:22:17 PM