Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: So much overhead!

Martin: sorry to hear of your decision, this trade (cable) is a hard way to make a living doing what you love.  I was in it for 49 years, built and owned my home town system, had my own nation wide contracting business, sold out and went to work for a national major company that wanted in the fiber trades.  Spent  last 20 years building OSP fiber "Every Where"  nation wide  to include Alaska/Bahamas/Argentina, then got into LAN/MAN/Long Hauls/Point to point, college campus, auto plants, coal mines, steel industry, health care, prisons...Every Where-Every Way !!!   The best way for you is to link up with a good prime, let them piss with the customer, finding the work, playing politics, material shortage, make ready problems, kissing Ass  and such.  You just do your work and collect your Small Petti Check, then pay what is left in Taxes.   You Can Not Beat The System That This Trade Operates On.  Good Luck where ever you go, just keep safe, keep positive-sell your equipment while there is still a demand for it. Get a local job, enjoy the family  and forget about "C A B L E"   Microman

This is CABL.com posting #388238. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbM94
Posted in reply to: Re: So much overhead! by Highiq13
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: So much overhead! Highiq13 9/15/2022 4:25:32 PM