Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Becoming A Prime

I’m sure we will Micro.   We both started in this business before most on here were born.  
You are right about getting small local contracts from people you know to start.  Word of mouth will be your best advertisement.  I would probably not have made it without those first few local jobs.  
There was a time when you could be a sole proprietor, but not anymore.  Too many lawyers willing to sue you.  So you will have to incorporate or become an LLC to limit your liability.   We have even split our company into multiple corporations to limit any liability that may occur.  One huge thing that many newbies fail to understand is; it is when you get sued, not if you get sued.  That is one of the reasons you need a lawyer and have the cash on hand to pay for it.  

My goal is to freely share any advise to the next generation that I have gained from experiences over the decades of being a contractor.   I would like them to think about things I have said and they may had not thought of.  Then let them make their own decisions. 

This is CABL.com posting #387725. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbM1N
Posted in reply to: Re: Becoming A Prime by MicroMan
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Becoming A Prime DudeMan 6/6/2022 8:10:13 AM