Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Fastest most efficient way of doing drive off?

So a little back story, I’ve been doing regular maintenance and new build for a prime for a few years and have experience with strand and coax a lot of over lash but quite a bit of new build as well. But I just took a job with a new company and its all long haul new build fiber. They’ve given me an ap40 that has the take up reel on the back but not the cable pulling system and fairleads. I’ve operated a 40 before but never on runs that exceed 10+ miles like these. I’m grossing around 10,000 ft a day strand or 5-7k feet fiber. I’m making around 1,600-2,000 a day split between me and a partner. I’ve got a four wheeler at my disposal but I have no experience operating one for long haul. Perhaps I’m just over thinking it and just haven’t found my grove being I’m learning something new but I feel the way I’m doing it could be faster. My current method would be to have my partner in a bucket in front of me framing as I come behind with strand in the ap40 and sag it with the take up bar on the back. Once strand is, up being I don’t have the cable pulling system on the ap40 I have him in his bucket with a fiber trailer out front a span or two as I come behind in the 40 with the lasher. What kind of footage do you think I should averaging a day? Again this is my first time working production on long haul. I’ve always been an hourly guy so I’m just so unfamiliar with long haul drive off and what I should be averaging. 

This is CABL.com posting #387540. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbMYO
Posted in reply to: Re: Fastest most efficient way of doing drive off? by MicroMan
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Fastest most efficient way of doing drive off? Ekylineman2019 4/29/2022 3:55:55 AM
Re: Fastest most efficient way of doing drive off? skidmark167 4/27/2022 6:47:08 PM