Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Bucket Trk, Why so many for sale !!

I started out as a cable tech in 2012. Prices started going to hell and I eventually started looking for an exit from the low pay and bs politics going on with being a contractor. One of my buddies called me one day in 2018 and told me to quit my job (in-house Cox 10 months) and come to OKC to work on his bucket truck doing aerial construction. We only got a week of work done before being shut down by the city. They packed up and chased hurricane Matthews back to Carolina. After seeing the billing for just that one week, I was dead set on getting a bucket of my own. I bought a splicer and started saving until I could get my own truck last year. Did some FIAT work in Georgia with it and a little bit of splicing then the company I was contracting with got pushed out. Now, I have a bucket, splicing trailer and lasher sitting in my yard doing nothing. I've been considering selling mine too. Where is this work that you are talking about? Do you know anyone willing to take on a beginner in the construction side? I often read these threads to see if anyone is gonna drop a few jewels, but I mostly see guys venting about the problems in our industry. Any useful advice would be greatly appreciated. 

This is CABL.com posting #387210. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbMTu
Posted in reply to: Bucket Trk, Why so many for sale !! by MicroMan
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Bucket Trk, Why so many for sale !! DudeMan 2/16/2022 11:03:52 AM