Create your free account now! Sign up

BigDuck Returns

Good evening all ,

2022 is the Year in which BigDuck is returning to Contracting in Cable Television . It has been a long hiatus .

Thank God I have a photographic memory . Our Industry has been through many changes during my Absence . When Richard Goldeck orginally , started this site , I was member #147 . I wonder did he ever fathom , this place being here this long . I know I didn't . Our Industry has been through many up's and down's . Its still here . I can recall when fiber had never stepped on to the playing field . Now its almost every where from fiber backbones to ftth . It brought cable television from the dinosaur era up to the Speed of Light . Now there is a Big Race to bring Fiber to the House . Its almost amazing to some one my age to think of the Huge Techknowlodgical Advances that have transpired in my lifetime . There was no cable television ,there were no computers , Televisions were all black and white , and had tubes that the normal man could pull the back off of the tv and pull out all of the tube's and take them down to a local tube testing machine and determine which ones were bad and replace them himself and 8 out of 10 times that would repair the television set. Radios were all AM band only . If you listened to music it was either on tv or the am radio or on vinal or reel to reel . I call it the Dinosaur era . Life was Simple . Television came to your house from an antenna on a pole at your house or over rabbit ears on top of the set . In my area we only had three television stations and all of them went off the air by 9pm. Yep gone are those days forever more . I can recall building a 12 tube am radio in electronics class in high school in 1973 . Everything was all analog back then .Digital what was digital , to my knowledge it didn't exist . So many changes over such a short span of years , considering that the United States started in 1776 . From 1957 when I was born to 2021 if you could bring someone back to life to witness all of the changes they would surely fall back over dead from a heart attack . I feel privileged to have been born in the era where we have been on the cutting edge of techknowledgy . I now look forward to the young brilliant minds of the future and to the advancements they might procure . I don't know might be shocked worse a 40 yr. old brought back to life from 1776  , or a 5 yr. old  from this day and age being teleported back to 1776 .I know neither one would be very happy from the start .The 40 yr. old would be dazed and confused and the 5yr. Old would be disheartened and bored beyond comprehension to have lost all of his electronic toys and of the modern day convienences ...."See There" you did received a blessing today . I have always believed anything is possible , ever since I watched John Glenn take his first steps on the moon. Thanks Cabl.com for being here , and withstanding the Test of Time . The Dinosaur is BACK .( BigDuck) older than dirt , a lot of hard lessons learned .  Ready to keep the future advancing , and see out Great Nation get back on track . It will take all of us together to procure such a feet . So never forget the ideals of our founding fathers and never ever give up when death stares you right in the face , if its your time you will be gone , otherwise as an American you must carry on. Thanks for reading my words .Through many dangers , toils and snares I have already come . I don't give up , I won't give up ,until the Good Lord carries me Home .Until then I will Carry On!!! BigDuck ...Jerry Whitfield

Live Like Your Dieing , If You Can't Run with the BigDogs Stay on the Porch . Never Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Do Today .Tomorrow May Never Come.Be Honest That Will Earn You Respect . You Get Paid to do It Once not Twice .
This is CABL.com posting #386842. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbMNy
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: BigDuck Returns Quester 12/8/2021 10:10:00 AM
Re: BigDuck Returns TSBCCC 12/8/2021 9:44:18 AM
Re: BigDuck Returns skidmark167 12/8/2021 9:30:26 AM