Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: FTTH trouble calls (low light/no light)

Too many variables for piece work, I’d work hourly at troubleshooting. As a contractor, you will have to determine your own hourly rate. To do this you must consider ALL your expenses.  Add up ALL your annual expenses, including but not limited to; vehicle costs (oil changes, gas, tires, repair, depreciation, etc.), phone/internet, computing devices, test equipment, GL insurance, WC insurance, health insurance, license & bonding fees, lawyer fees (everybody in business gets sued, usually unfounded but you will have to defend yourself), CPA fees, interest payments, motel/hotel, meals, clerical help (may be you or may be someone else but it is non-producing time you will have to account for), payroll taxes, SUDA/FUDA, state corporate filling fees, excise taxes, equipment depreciation, vandalism (things will get stolen or broken).  This is just off the top of my head. You my have more to add. Now add in your margin to you expenses total then divide that total by your annual hours worked and that will be your hourly rate.  I know this seems like a lot of work but it is the only way to get a true hourly rate. Anything less is just a guess and ends up too low and you go broke or too high and you go broke. 

This is CABL.com posting #386387. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbMGd
Posted in reply to: FTTH trouble calls (low light/no light) by Cablezeus154
There are 0 replies to this message