Create your free account now! Sign up

New independent contracting gig

Hey there guys I apologize if this is a broken record and an old post that has already been beat up but there is no search feature on this site for me to dig for specific information.

Anyways I am looking for some feedback on peoples overall experience in going independent as far as purchasing your own truck and tools and meters and traveling for this line of work. I have seen some very lucrative opportunities and am considering trying out wise connect in Idaho at the moment since the per diem and hourly rate all sounds worth making the investment if I can just live cheaply in a studio. I am referring to doing FTTP installs and I&R work in general on my own and am looking for someone experienced in regards to going solo instead of working in-house for a Telco. I've been in-house and a contractor W2 employee and have seen both sides of how things operate doing copper and fiber over the years so I have a decent amount of training to be well versed but am thinking there is potential to make more on my own chasing a bunch of temp gigs. If anyone currently lives this life style I would love some feedback. Im just a single guy with no family in a position to chase these opportunities but want to make sure the investment is worth it. Thank you all for your time 

This is CABL.com posting #386088. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbMBo
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: New independent contracting gig SheetzComm 8/23/2021 8:21:37 AM
Re: New independent contracting gig baran0v 7/19/2021 8:58:53 PM
Re: New independent contracting gig wwilkewitz 7/19/2021 9:36:48 AM
Re: New independent contracting gig webber560 7/16/2021 6:07:24 PM
Re: New independent contracting gig espn420 7/16/2021 1:40:35 PM